Fearsome 50's

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 02.40


Christmas wasn't just an exciting day for all the obvious reasons (presents and food!). But also because we passed into the Fearsome 50's and now have less than 2000nm to go till Cape Horn.

Also as many people pointed out, yes I did celebrate Christmas a day early for the time zone I'm currently in, but I figured that it would be far nicer to be celebrate with everyone back home rather than a day later and truly alone!

Christmas must have been my foggiest day yet and I have to admit I spent the day being pretty lazy, just doing the bare minimum to keep us moving vaguely in the right direction and staying out of the cold. Phone calls, eating all my favourite foods and opening the presents (see pic below) that had been stashed on Ella's Pink Lady, kept me busy all day. Down to the smallest, silliest thing, I enjoyed and treasured every present far more than I ever would have back home and believe me there were some silly ones, including a blow up Kiwi and a pink doll which expands in water (known as a 'grow your own best friend'!). Other then that there was also the normal collection of warm socks, books and other odds and ends.

No watching the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race or Boxing Day sales for me today but I'm pretty thrilled as I was treated to a few hours sunshine and an albatross doing a few close circles of Ella's Pink Lady. The albatross really is an amazing bird. No matter how long I watch them for, I never seem to see them flap their wings. They make flying look so effortless and seem completely relaxed weaving in and out of the swell, thousands of miles from land.

Jesse

Pic: Opening Christmas presents on my bunk bed!






0 komentar
Photobucket