Cooler Weather, Rubbish and New Food Bag

Diposting oleh alexandria joseph | 05.50


Still good progress south but the big news for today is that I actually turned one of my little Hella cabin fans off this morning for the first time in weeks! Two little fans probably don't sound like anything to write home about but believe me they've been a total lifeline, running constantly and doing a great job of helping me keep cool. Maybe it's too soon to start hoping, but it finally feels like it's started getting cooler over the last few days. You can be sure that it will be no time at all and I'll be complaining about the cold!

It’s still been very squally out here, with the squalls leaving behind a messy chop on the swell and making a mockery of anything I'd like to call sleeping patterns. I've been cat napping all afternoon to try and make up for lost sleep. Ella's Pink Lady's still making good ground south at the moment. Then sometime tomorrow morning we'll be tacking over to make some ground to the east to hopefully pick up a more easterly wind. We passed back over the date-line today putting the local time zone at GMT-10, not that that means all that much to me. If anything I'm still running on Queensland time!

One of today's little jobs included my weekly attempt to compact and package up my rubbish for storage in the bow. Obviously anything that's degradable goes over the side and anything that's left, which is pretty much only plastic packaging, gets washed out if needed and carefully packaged up till I get home.

With nothing left in the last food bag but a tin of baked beans and a packet of banana chips (dinner wasn't looking very exciting!) today marked the start of a new food bag (see pic below), lots of exciting new treats, and there's even a present from Grandma in this one!

Jesse


Pic: Getting into the new food bag!






0 komentar
Photobucket